Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Thank you for smoking....?

I haven't seen that movie yet, but the title seemed appropriate here. We can smell the smoke from the Malibu fires but we should be safe. I can't believe all the fire problems Southern Cal has had since last night. I suppose it's like tornadoes in KY, you just never know when they'll hit and what they'll do. I feel really sorry for all those thousands of people having to evacuate their homes not knowing if there will be anything left when they are able to return. Some of the fires were arson, which is despicable. They seem to usually catch the evil people who set them and I really hope they do this time as well. I hope the firefighters can get all of it contained in the next week or so. The "governator" has promised all the help they need.

On another lovely note, Maddie's got a virus. I think she picked it up at a park playground, but who knows for sure? She's got a fever and is cranky, but nothing that warrants antibiotics, thank goodness. I hate giving those to her. We went to the doctor on Saturday morning to make sure she didn't have any ear infections, which she didn't. She should be on the mend, but will miss a Halloween party on Friday that my new SAHM (stay-at-home-moms) group is having. We plan on going to the Los Angeles zoo on the 27th with the group and GRAMMY will be here by then. My mom gets here Thursday afternoon. We can't wait! I haven't seen her since August, but it seems like it's been a LOT longer than a few months. Hopefully we won't get Maddie's virus. We've agreed to absolutely NO doctor or hospital visits this time... Mom is still fighting with the insurance company from her visit in April.

Hope all is well with everyone.

No comments: